I am excited to announce that I am now offering technology assisted counseling which will help me reach clients I would not be able to reach before.
Technology assisted counseling includes phone, video, and/or email counseling and is also known as telehealth. For the protection and the integrity of my telehealth clients, I use technologically safe platforms to keep you and your information confidential while we are working together on your relationship or personal goals. Since I am licensed in California, I am only able to do telehealth with clients who are physically in California during our telehealth sessions. Here are a few advantages to telehealth:
- You have more choices in deciding which clinician to work with
- Convenience since there is no concern over driving, traffic, parking, etc.
- Flexibility in scheduling early morning and later evening appointments.
- Increased availability of services to clients who are unable to leave home, clients who have limited mobility, and clients who are unable to get to appointments on their own.
- Increased availability over services for those charged with the care of another.
I have received extensive training to provide telehealth counseling to individuals, couples and families and have been using telehealth exclusively to see my clients during current shelter in place in California. My observation is that people quickly “forget” they are not face to face and jump right into the issues which have concerned them. Many are feeling relieved and motivated after our session because they received support that was not otherwise available.
If you are in a tough place, call or email today to see how telehealth can work for you. In our consultation, we will determine if your counseling goals and/or situation may be addressed thoroughly with telehealth.